Re: Glovebox question

To: Tim Hickey <tjhickey@gatecity.com>
Subject: Re: Glovebox question
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 00:33:28 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Tim

No secret to it.  Some will open some won't.  I have one that won't
either.  Bought one of those little finger pull gadgets but once I
pulled the buton/latch out I saw that I'd have to ream the hole to get
both to fit back in the hole.  Didn't like the idea of doing that so
when I put the latch back I got a small length of small diameter black
shoe string (you know the small slick kind that always come untied) and
put it under the bottom of the latch with a small loop sticking out and
the two ends between the latch and the door.  Now I just pinch the loop
with my thumb and forefinger, push the button in and pull the glovebox
door open.  Works great and looks better than the finger pull IMHO.

Bud Rolofson