Re: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives

Subject: Re: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 06:55:50 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
As a side comment, I've learned that the active ingredient in Millers
VSP-Plus (which I've not been able to buy in the US) is MMT, which is
also the active ingredient in Outlaw Racing Formula octane improver
(available at all my local parts houses).

Although I can't comment on it's effectiveness as a lead substitute, the
Outlaw Racing formula is the most effective octane improver I've found.
The bottle isn't cheap, but one ounce works better in my engine than 12
ounces of the other stuff (and I've tried lots, including 104+).

Randall

CarlSereda@aol.com wrote:

> Hi List,
> Here is an interesting article out of England (Triumph Club) regarding the
> best product to use in their classic cars as their country goes to unleaded
> gas by year 2000.
<snip>