Re: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives

To: erik@midwestfilter.com, randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:31:44 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
>To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
>CC: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives
>Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:09:19 -0500
>
>At 06:55 AM 10/27/99 -0700, Randall wrote:

>The active ingredient in most octane boosters is toluene. You can buy a
>gallon of toluene at the hardware store (in the paint department) for a lot
>less than you can buy a can of octane booster...
>
>-Erik

   Okay-hayyyyyy! Save us some money!

   How much of this toulene do we use?

   Are the other ingredients in the OTC octane boost important?

   I mean, are there elements in the over the counter stuff that
   protects things like valves or other things movin' about in the
   engine?

   If we use the DIY Toulene, who can we blame if things go
   "phphphphttt!?!"

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)