Screwed on a purchase

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Screwed on a purchase
From: "Michael Cline" <mcline@substrates.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:43:41 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Over the past few days I have been negotiating with a gentleman who was
selling his 1971 TR6 parts car that I found from his ad on the VTR web page.
Initially, I offered to buy the transmission, overdrive and some other misc.
parts. He said he wanted to sell it all at once. I called around and found a
friend that wanted the balance of the parts. We agreed on a price Sunday
(10-31) for everything I could carry away and set Saturday (11-6) as the
pick up. I made U-Haul reservations for a trailer and the road trip was on!
Was I excited! Overdrive for the trip to Portland next year!

Monday, he sends me an e-mail saying, "I don't have the tranny anymore." He
sold the transmission and overdrive to someone else. Then, he offered the
balance of the car if I wanted it. It appears he quickly changed his mind
about selling it complete. I thought, " We had a deal." Response, "my
apologies."

I am so disappointed.

So, to the new owner of a transmission and overdrive from Geoff in Salt Lake
City, enjoy "my" overdrive. And to Geoff, you are obviously NOT a man of
your word.

My trust in my fellow man drops another notch. It is even harder to take
from those within our hobby. All I can say is be cautious when you make an
deal, you may be very disappointed.

Mike Cline