RE: Lubricants

To: "'Randall Young'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "'Barry Schwartz'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lubricants
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:07:44 -0500charset="windows-1252"
I'm quite surprised the gauge tap is upstream of the filter.
Does this mean an engine could have a clogged, collapsed or otherwise
restrictive filter
while the Oil pressure gauge says all is OK ?  Come to think of it, if the
connection is as you indicate, a clogged filter might actually show an
increase in Oil pressure!
Great Scott!
Bob W.