Re: Lubricants

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lubricants
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:12:50 -0500
Philip Haldeman wrote:

> Well, I've just read through all of your Ph.D theses and I STILL don't know
> what kind of oil I should be using in my TR6. . . !
>
> Phil Haldeman
> haldeman@accessone.com

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about being confused.  After all, if you ever
did
figure out what kind of oil to put in the engine, then you'd have to move on to
figuring out what goes in the overdrive transmission or the carb dashpots...
;-)

I think the general consensus is that some people like one type of oil for
certain
reasons, and other people like a different type for other reasons - same as why
we've
got vanilla and chocolate.

Cheers!

PS, I ran a little experiment with oil pressure last night, but don't have time
today
to write up the results.  Will try to do so over the weekend.

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars