RE: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions

To: "Faulkner" <sherry61@email.msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:41:33 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Alan,

Huh?  A '68 TR4A?  According to the experts TR4A production ceased with the
1967 model year.  1968 was the year of the TR5/TR250.  Either all the
books/catalogues are wrong or you've got a truly unique vehicle.

If your car is listed as a '68.. one of two things happened.  Either someone
in the DMV typo'd the original title date, or the car sat on a lot and
didn't get sold until sometime in 1968.  Either way, a BMHIT certificate
should be able to establish the true build date/model year for your car.

And a '67 or earlier car has no set emissions standards.. although some
states have a "visible emissions" requirement that can fail an oil burner.

My '73 Spitfire with o/d has the "O" added to the VIN as another '0' (zero).
I'm not looking forward to that battle....

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas TX
'73 Spitfire... and another.. and a TR6... and another Spitfire.. and a
GT6... and....