Re: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions

To: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, "Faulkner" <sherry61@email.msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:32:44 -0700
I just happened to go through the Arizona emissions testing yesterday with
my 71 TR6, for the second time.  The test is done on a dyno for a loaded
reading and at idle.

Hydrocarbons in PPM- loaded standard is 450.   Idle is also 450.
Carbon Monoxide in %-loaded standard is 3.75.  Idle is 5.00

My first time through it failed the idle CO  with a 5.62.  Changed my air
filters, found a broken rubber elbow on the vacuum line on the carb which I
replaced and filled up with super unleaded .  Ran a 3.91 after.  The second
time I went when it was a littler cooler, that seems to make a difference
also(at least it does on me).  Thank god, no pass, no plates!

John