Re: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, "Faulkner" <sherry61@email.msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:48:04 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Being in UK I would like to know what are the emission levels your TR4A is
expected to pass?
Is it simply a CO level test? or is there a lot more to it?

In UK at present any petrol powered car manufactured prior to 1975 has a
basic visual smoke test at idle (as part part of an annual road worthy test)
and that is it.

Being someone who actually does these tests on a daily basis I usually carry
out a metered test as a matter of course on vehicles prior to 1975 to advise
if they are abnormally high even if they pass the test criterior of the
visual smoke test.

Dixie