Re: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting a TR4A through Enmissions
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:44:19 -0500
Seems like if the car is properly tuned it should not have a problem
passing with a nice shiny new engine - just set everything to spec.. Surely
they don't expect it to meet tougher standards than were required when new?
Or maybe they do - governments do silly things!

I am surprised that more states have not done what Maine did. When we had
emissions testing supposedly forced upon us by the Feds, a Peoples
Referendum was called (basically a petition signature gathering thing)
putting the issue on the ballot. It was voted out by such a landslide that
you would not believe it! This was after the state government had signed a
many, many million dollar contract with an out of state testing firm who
had already spent millions building the test centers. The buildings are
still here and there - all boarded up. Got to love a state that is filled
with crusty natives (like me!) who won't be pushed around!

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the Spit - emissions controls - surly you jest!