Re: I've had an idea!

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I've had an idea!
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:15:58 -0700
GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> .... maintaining an archive of pictures of listers with their
> Triumph cars...and I got to thinking how difficult would this be ?

I agree this could be an interesting addition to the list.  I would be willing
take it on -- but I won't be offended if someone else really wants to do it.  I
have done something similar as part of our local club's website, that collection
of pics can be seen at:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/TBCR-Our-Cars.html

If you did not get thru all the pages you might take a look at these near the
end
for another aspect of car/owner pictures that can be fun:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/TBCR-Our-Cars-98.html

These pics are about 12K more or less.  I crop them close and sharpen them up a
bit to try to make them as nice as possible.  If you go much larger than that
you
will spend a long time waiting for each page to load.  Space on a site isn't
much
of a problem as Yahoo and probably others will give you 15M for free if you're
willing to take either headers or pop-ups.  The site noted above uses headers
just
because I find these less annoying than pop-ups.

As I said, willing to take it on or just help out if that's what needed.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A