Re: I've had an idea!

To: rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu
Subject: Re: I've had an idea!
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:41:05 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, randallyoung@earthlink.net, Spitlist@gte.net, Herald948@aol.com, amace@unix2.nysed.gov
rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu writes:

<< Subj:     Re: I've had an idea!
 Date:  15/11/99 12:32:52 GMT Standard Time
 From:  rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu (R. John Lye)
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com, randallyoung@earthlink.net

 Randall Young wrote:

 >If you ask now, I'll bet MJB will give you space on the new Team.Net web
 >server ...

 Actually, if you guys would jsut look - there is already a photo gallery
 on the Team.Net web server.  It is just there and has not been annotated
 or anything but its there.  I'm not sure I see the need to re-invent the
 wheel here; about all that would be needed would be to clean up what's
 already there and add some organization to it.

 later,

 John Lye

 '59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
 email: rjl6n@virginia.edu
 homepage:  http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm

Thanks for pointing out something that very few others seemed to be aware of!
But that isn't quite what we had in mind.

Firstly, the cars on their own, are not quite as interesting as the cars with
their owners, ie: allowing the listers to actually see one another! (g)
Secondly, tiny thumbnails are surely more inviting than just a line of text.
Thirdly, the owners name is not very clear from the text-link
And lastly, the site itself is almost invisible, as proven by the fact that
you seemed to be about the only one who knew about it!!!

However, it was, and is interesting, the cars thereon are fascinating, (they
are after all Triumphs!) (mostly), and your photos on your own website are
particularly good, as your superb TR4 can actually be seen doing something,
other than sitting at the side of the road!

Whilst not attempting to re-invent the wheel, I think there is room for
something more to be done for/by listers to represent their cars, by making
decent photos available for fellow listers to see on the net? (preferably of
their cars in motion, and/or a clear photo of the lister with their car(s).

Léon