Re: External rocker shaft oil feed

To: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se>
Subject: Re: External rocker shaft oil feed
From: Skip Osmundsen <gosmund@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:31:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Turner & Turner wrote:

> Hi listers!
>
> I've bought one of those supplementary rocker shaft oil feed gizmos and
> remember that there was discussion over leakage from the head end, and
> that there was a solution to this, involving additional washers, I seem
> to remember.
>
> Are there any listers who know/remember the fix?
>
> TIA
>
> Adam Turner
> '74 TR6
Adam,
You shouldn't need any extra washers to make it tight.  Just make
certain that as you tighten the banjo bolt that the copper washer stays
centered and slips past the shoulder on the bolt as you tighten.  If you
don't pay attention to this, the shoulder will probably take a bite out
of the washer as you tighten the banjo fitting.
Good luck.
Skip Osmundsen
'76 TR6 60 TR3A