Re: External rocker shaft oil feed

To: tr6guy@juno.com
Subject: Re: External rocker shaft oil feed
From: SpitRacer9@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:09:04 EST
Cc: turner@turner.se, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99/11/17 8:26:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, tr6guy@juno.com
writes:

<<
 I bought one too and have not installed it because I heard that the
 things make your car (my 6) smoke really badly.  Anyone else have that
 problem?

 Joe

Joe,
    The addition of the oil feed line will only cause smoking if the valve
guides are suffiently worn.  With the additional oil going to the top worn
guides will allow the excess oil to fall into the cylinder and cause smoking.
 Many people have fitted the TR line with valve seals.  One fix for the
leaking of the banjo bolt is to use flat copper crush washers instead of the
crushable 2 piece ones supplied with the kit.  Also just check to make sure
there isn't anything on the washer locating surface.  I've used a feed line
on my TR6 for about 4 years now and I've never had a problem with it leaking.
 I am going to take it off and put on my spit motor, with has the oil passage
blocked so the only way it can get oil is to run the feed pipe.

Aaron