Re: External rocker shaft oil feed

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: External rocker shaft oil feed
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:08:16 -0500
Cc: turner@turner.se, triumphs@autox.team.net
I bought one too and have not installed it because I heard that the
things make your car (my 6) smoke really badly.  Anyone else have that
problem?

Joe

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:54:22 -0500 scott suhring
<suhring@lancnews.infi.net> writes:

> Adam:
>
> I've had no leakage on mine but the one word of advise when
> installing
> is do NOT over tighten the bolt! I know. This is a hollow bolt and
> will
> snap off very easily.
>
> Scott Suhring
> Elizabethtown, PA
> '70 TR6
> '59 TR3
>
> Turner & Turner wrote:
>
> > Hi listers!
> >
> > I've bought one of those supplementary rocker shaft oil feed
> gizmos and
> > remember that there was discussion over leakage from the head end,
> and
> > that there was a solution to this, involving additional washers, I
> seem
> > to remember.
> >
> > Are there any listers who know/remember the fix?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Adam Turner
> > '74 TR6

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.