RE: Of interest to concerns of unleaded fuel usage

To: dmitchel@ford.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Of interest to concerns of unleaded fuel usage
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:23:21 -0500
Hi All,
    Doug Mitchell wrote:

>I have to agree with Joe. I have been running my '73 since about '82
>on an exclusive diet of unleaded.

I'll chime in here and agree with both Joe and Doug - my TR-3A has had
a steady diet of Amoco unleaded since 1978 and its just fine.  This
"unleaded problem" is an over-hyped bunch of media hysteria for the
most part.  It is one of the reasons that I have dropped my subscription
to Thoroughbred and CLassic Cars (a British magazine that has been
sponsoring petition drives, etc to get lead back in British fuel).

cheers,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu