Re: Metric tea and Chinese spanners (castor sugar)

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Metric tea and Chinese spanners (castor sugar)
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 14:00:15 -0500
Dave,

You don't remember the good ol' days of Castrol R racing oil - pure castor
oil, that was.  Great on anything, gears, bearings, chips, tea, facial
imperfections, and smelled to high heaven but nothing rusted!

On the sugar front, my wife is very dubious as to why I wanted to know, but
as much as castor sugar isn't really available in the US, it can be made by
putting regular sugar in a blender and hitting the blend button for about 2
seconds.  Any more than that and you will have confectioners sugar!  On the
golden syrup front - use heavy corn syrup (maple syrup is too strongly
flavored).  Now with "her who shall be obeyed" wondering if I am to
foresake the garage to wreak havoc in the kitchen as well!

Tony

(what a list: from oil weight to very strange British food in 2 shakes of a
lambs tail!)