Re: Metric tea and Chinese spanners (castor sugar)

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Metric tea and Chinese spanners (castor sugar)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:29:33 -0500
Cc: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Tony Gordon
>John,

Don't know what bit of the UK (maybe north of Stafford?) calls spotted
dick, treacle tart:  according to my better half, they are different.
S/Dick is a steamed suet based pudding with raisins, and treacle tart is a
pastry with treacle filling.  Both are jolly good, I might add, 'though I'd
plump for the cornflake version of the treacle tart if I had to choose ;)

Tony
<

Tony,

Actually we were confusing Treacle Pie and Treacle Tart.  In actuality, my
wife will be making a Golden Syrup cake for the car club Christmas Party.
As well as the dandy Spotted Dick recipe that JonMac so kindly directed us
to.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA (so I don't know what I am talking about)