Wind screens, battery hold down bar, & shock conversion kit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wind screens, battery hold down bar, & shock conversion kit
From: "Gerry Geronimo" <geronimo@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:51:15 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
If you have a roll bar installed and you would like to reduce the wind
turbulence/noise and improve climate control in your cockpit, you might be
interested in what I did. I had my local plastics fabricator (TAP Plastics)
custom cut a quarter inch Plexiglas panel which fits inside the roll bar. I
also had them drill mounting holes through which I threaded black plastic
ties to hold the panel. Total cost: $20. Here's a picture of what this setup
looks like: http://www.sonic.net/~geronimo/tr6/windscrn.jpg

I've found it to be effective in reducing wind turbulence/noise and improve
climate control - you can drive with the top down even when it's cold
outside since it is effective in keeping the heat inside the cockpit. YMMV.
If you're interested in the details, email me off list.

Speaking of wind screens, Herman van den Akker has access to a brand new
side wind screens which were available as after market accessories for the
TR4/5/250/6. He would like to know if there is a demand for this out there
and he will have copies manufactured. Email me off list if you're
interested.

Herman also has a supply of battery hold down bars (engraved with TRIUMPH)
for those interested in dressing up their engine compartment. I will post
pictures as soon as I get mine. If you are interested, email me off list and
I'll tell you how you can contact Herman to order it from him directly.

For those who have asked me for the drawings and specs for Herman's shock
conversion kit, I am waiting to receive these from Herman. As soon as I get
them, I'll post them at my web site
http://www.sonic.net/~geronimo/tr6/misc/hshocks.html so that those
interested in manufacturing this kit themselves can do so accurately.

I have no financial interest in any of these - I'm just impressed with
Herman's work and interested in sharing it.

Gerry Geronimo
73 TR6 (The Redhead - formerly a blond; OK, mimosa)