Re: TR3 originality questions (& parts wanted)

To: danb@thelittlemacshop.com
Subject: Re: TR3 originality questions (& parts wanted)
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:35:52 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/1/99 5:34:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
danb@thelittlemacshop.com writes:

<< 1) Trunk lid does not have two "budget locks" with "toilet seat
 escutcheons"; instead it has a single locking handle in the middle
 (and a rather nice, though aftermarket, luggage rack).  This car
 should have the two budget locks, yes?

 2) Front signal lamps are bullet-shaped and clear.  This car should
 have much flatter lenses, kind of like buttons, I believe -- anyone
 else know?  And what color should they be?

 And finally -- if these are the incorrect items for my car, does
 anyone have correct ones they would be willing to sell or trade?
 And, of course, if you happen to have an early overdrive transmission
 just laying around...  ;)

 Dan >>

Hi Dan
According to the parts manual and Piggott's book, small mouth cars were
available with exterior door handles and the single boot handle/lock, as part
of a special touring kit option. However, as I understand it, the boot lever
and possibly also the door handles were different from those on the 3A's.
Most of these cars came with the budget locks on the boot lid, and no door
handles. If you don't have door handles then you probably shouldn't have the
boot handle either.
The front parking lamps are indeed different. Not just the lens, (button
shaped as you say) but the whole fixture is different. I believe you can get
new from TRF. Correct color is clear/white.
No comment on the last issue...

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B