TR3 originality questions (& parts wanted)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 originality questions (& parts wanted)
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 16:33:26 -0600
I've been making some progress on my TR3 lately (well, if you can
call further disassembly progress...), and have also been spending
some time comparing the car to Moss and TRF catalogs.

(I haven't got any books on the TR3 yet, as I thought they would make
good items for the Christmas want-list.  Anyway...)

I've noticed the following two things which appear to be incorrect
for my car (1957 TR3, TS15098L, small-mouth, Girling front disc
brakes):

1) Trunk lid does not have two "budget locks" with "toilet seat
escutcheons"; instead it has a single locking handle in the middle
(and a rather nice, though aftermarket, luggage rack).  This car
should have the two budget locks, yes?

2) Front signal lamps are bullet-shaped and clear.  This car should
have much flatter lenses, kind of like buttons, I believe -- anyone
else know?  And what color should they be?

And finally -- if these are the incorrect items for my car, does
anyone have correct ones they would be willing to sell or trade?
And, of course, if you happen to have an early overdrive transmission
just laying around...  ;)

Dan
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U. Runs & drives, but shakes like crazy, needs new
tires, and blows smoke.  Lots of it.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Undergoing a frame-off restoration, begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work every day. No home page yet.