Digital Cameras

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Digital Cameras
From: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:50:05 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm trying to learn about digital cameras in order to buy one.(I think the
prices may come down). For instance, when I read about a 35mm camera it will
state something like zoom 28 to 140. Well, I understand that, 28 being wide
angle, 55 being normal, 135 ish, portrait, and you turn the lens or push the
button and it zooms in or out. However, when I look at digital cameras, they
will have something like 2x or 3x? I don't understand what this means in
terms of lenses or how they work? Can someone enlighten me. It would be nice
to have instant pictures of LBC cars. Also, can anyone make any
recommendations of good inexpensive digital cameras and what I should be
looking for? Thanks
Phil Smith
TR6