LBC Content (Lusious British Comestables)

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: LBC Content (Lusious British Comestables)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 11:13:31 -0500
The Morning after.  Last night SWMBO prepared, for the British (festival
season) party two traditionally British deserts: Golden Syrup cake and
Spotted Dick.  The Golden syrup Cake was not, as one might think given the
name, not overly sweet.  It had a pleasent flavour and was well recieved.

The Spotted Dick obviously recieved a response ranging from snickers to
disbelief but once the initial reaction was gotten over and the tasting was
done everyone was quite suprised at the pleasent, light, fruity flavour of
this dish.  By the end of the evening the S.P. was all but decimated
inspite of the overabundance of other sweets on the dessert trolley (table,
actually).

I wish to thank JonMac for directing my attention to this delecacy.
Another one of Britian's best kept secrets.

Dave

St. Louis