Re: TR4 driving lights

To: jholekamp@attglobal.net, Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: Re: TR4 driving lights
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:47:50 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08-Dec-99 13:44:07 Eastern Standard Time,
jholekamp@attglobal.net writes:

<<snip >>
> Unfortunately, I've never seen a badge bar for a TR4 advertised for sale
>  by TRF, VB, Moss or Rimmer. I suppose the setup could somehow be custom
>  fabricated but I'm at a loss as to how to make this happen easily. Any
>  ideas? brgds, Jay

Jay, I've only seen one.  In Savannah in '92 the winning TR4 had a custom
made badge bar.  It was welded onto the bumper overriders before he had the
bumpers re-chromed.  I think the reason we don't see them is that the
clearance could pose a problem when the bonnet is up.  But the one I saw was
really nicely done and there was no problem.  Don't know what it cost him but
my impression was that he paid Mega-bucks for his restroration.  The car was
really nice.  Cheers.

Art Kelly