Re: TR4 driving lights

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 driving lights
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 13:00:20 -0500
ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 08-Dec-99 13:44:07 Eastern Standard Time,
> jholekamp@attglobal.net writes:
>
> <<snip >>
> > Unfortunately, I've never seen a badge bar for a TR4 advertised for sale
> >  by TRF, VB, Moss or Rimmer. I suppose the setup could somehow be custom
> >  fabricated but I'm at a loss as to how to make this happen easily. Any
> >  ideas? brgds, Jay
>
> Jay, I've only seen one.  In Savannah in '92 the winning TR4 had a custom
> made badge bar.  It was welded onto the bumper overriders before he had the
> bumpers re-chromed.  I think the reason we don't see them is that the
> clearance could pose a problem when the bonnet is up.  But the one I saw was
> really nicely done and there was no problem.  Don't know what it cost him but
> my impression was that he paid Mega-bucks for his restroration.  The car was
> really nice.  Cheers.
>
> Art Kelly

All this talk of grille bars makes me want to bring up an important point for
anyone
searching for one.  Original grille bars for the '4 mount in between the
over-riders,
which on a '4 are taller and closer together than on a '4A.  The '4A bar curves
downward and actually bolts up to the front valence below the bumper.  If
anyone is
interested in getting one, be sure not to get the wrong one for your car,
because they
won't be interchangeable.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars