Re: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@jspp.com>
Subject: Re: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6?
From: "Doug Heiser" <dheiser@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:15:40 -0700
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I got this tip from a neighbor (hot-rodder) a few years ago.  I have not
tried it on an LBC, so I cannot verify its usefulness.

He would remove the distributor and attach an electric drill to the oil pump
shaft to build up iol pressure BEFORE ever turning the engine over.  He
swore by this method, but YMMV.

Doug Heiser
'61 Triumph Herald (Hark)