Re: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6?
From: Jeff Scarbrough <jeff@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:08:57 -0500
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Ronald A. Dowty wrote:

 >What do I need to do to insure proper oil pressure before staring my
 >engine for the first time after being rebuilt.

When I used to build a lot of VW engines (which can't spin the pump
independent of the motor) I used to use STP or similar gooey oils to pack
the pump and coat all bearings and running surfaces.  Then remove the plugs
and spin the motor via the starter, until pressure was achieved.  Plugs in
and you're off...   Any comment on the usefulness of this method?

Jeff Scarbrough