Re: Rear springs and spacers

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear springs and spacers
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:02:37 -0800
This time last year I bought a standard set of rear springs from VB and it
didnt realy stiffen up any at all. The car has always sat rather low(IMHO) in
the rear so I got the biggest spacers TRF had(2" I think , not sure without
looking at a magazine). I put them in. I had to grease them to get them
in(without spring compressors mind you). It was fairly tight fit and no room
for the rubber insulators. Anyway, it raised th rear end about 2.75 to 3 inches
and stiffened up the rear end big time. Not a rigid ride mind you, just a firm
ride. I'm happy with the setup. I can feel a difference in turns as well.  The
only thing that scared me(and still does) is that the inner sleeves of the
spacers would not slide into the springs thus locking them in). I've checked
them over time(6 months now) and they've worked in a bit but not all the way.
If anyone has had this situation (followed by mishap), please let me know. This
aside, I like the setup.

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6
Future DPO of America  ;-)