Re: The Roadster Factory demise

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <TRFmail@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory demise
From: "RALPH JANNELLI" <RALPH.JANNELLI@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:07:28 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Like all of you I've had my ups and downs with TRF. Pissing and moaning here
does little good. If you are dissatisfied you can not buy from TRF and
eventually they will go out of business.
But that is not the solution I want to see. And I hope it is not the
solution all of you want to see.
Everyone assumes that the problem is Charles and the way he elects to run
his affairs, I don't know if that is true or not. It is a private family
business so he is free to do as he pleases without interference from
stockowners or a board of directors.
WE need to let our concerns known directly to TRF, send email, write a
letter or phone demanding better service, because in essence we are the
stockowners. We need to make Charles understand that if he wants his little
business and hobby empire to continue he needs to pay better attention to
his customers.
The biggest complaint I hear and have experienced myself is backorders. I
think everybody would be much happier if TRF would be honest in handling
backorders, if an item is only ordered from a supplier once a year say so,
some of us will wait other will go elsewhere, but we won't be pissed off.
That means there is a chance that we will come back and try again for other
needs at a later time. Perhaps they could go as far as recommend an
alternate vendor for a part they don't have and won't have for a long time,
this may sound bizarre but it works. People will remember that you helped
them and come back.

I am coping this email to the TRF email address, I don't know if it will do
any good but it is a start. By the way I have received mail from TRF saying
I am one of there top 20% customers for all the money I have spent with
them, so maybe this will mean something to them, we will see.

Ralph Jannelli
Customer # 089091
Matthews, NC
'65 Spitfire MKII