Re: The Roadster Factory demise

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory demise
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:09:13 +0000
Cc: 75trsix@snet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Silly? How are you going to get parts that TRF owns the tooling for from
someone else unless they canbuy them from TRF? How about TR3 control heads?
TRF has them made and supplies them to everyone else who sells them. That's
just an item I know off the top of my head. How about these green hoses that
everyone waits for for the TR6? I don't see people getting them from anywhere
else.

TR3 tie rod ends from TRF are made exclusively for TRF. Although other
manufacturers supply tie rod ends, none of them are near the quality of the
item supplied by TRF.

Just because you haven't found a part that TRF has that you can't get from
Rimmers, doesn't mean everyone else has found the same to be true.

You want to pick on TRFs business practices, fine.

You want to claim that someone else can supply items that TRF alone makes? Get
real!