RE: carburetor and gauge questions

To: <Lftlesl@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: carburetor and gauge questions
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 09:34:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Les,

There is a video tape that Moss sells that is very good.  There
is also an SU rebuild book from Haynes... it also covers ZS and
Weber. And the best of them all is a carb rebuild book from
Burlen Fuel Systems... the current UK builder of SU carbs and
parts.

I have a photocopy from a list friend... I will make you a
copy... or you may want to e-mail them at info@burlen.co.uk for a
real copy.

The gauges come apart by twisting the ring to line up tabs with
slots on the case.  Expect the existing gaskets to be reduced to
crumbly powder.  The big problem will be find a suitable gasket
material for the glass seal.  For the dash to gauge seal... large
o-rings are available from Moss, the hardware store  or
www.mcmaster.com.  www.nisonger.com has everything you will need
if you can talk them into selling the parts.  They really want
you to send the gauges in for them to do the work.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html