Weber fires are REAL

To: "list, triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber fires are REAL
From: Adam Turner <turner@turner.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:19:28 +0200
Hi guys,

I haven't been able to bring myself to write about this yet, but after
completing a four-year, no-expense-spared ($30,000) resto on my '74 TR6
on 29 September, the mutha caught fire on 30 September, totalling the
engine compartment.

Was the one day's drive worth it? Don't ask.

The car is (was?) fitted with triple 40DCOEs and no heat shield, and I
had the tell-tale dampness in the air filters but thought that they'd
maybe beeen impregnated from the factory (you know how it is when you
want to go out and play with your new toy).

Anyway, I'm sure you'll understand how interested I am in finding a
solution to this one.

Adam Turner
In Triumph Valhalla awaiting reincarnation.