TR3A; Rebuilt SUs leak

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A; Rebuilt SUs leak
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:33:49 EDT
I just finished my fuel lines and upon adding gas the carbs leaked from the
bottom of the linkage set up.  I installed gross jets and readadjusted the
float level to compensate for the small difference in height from the
originals.  The rebuild kit had cork seals(can this be the problem?).  I have
tightened the large nut on the bottom to a point where the plunger just
starts to bind, this seems to slow the leak but not stop it..  The leaking
appears to be coming through the brass shaft on the bottom.  Will the cork
seals sweel up an seal over time?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS58399