Re: TR3A; Rebuilt SUs leak

To: <Gbouff1@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A; Rebuilt SUs leak
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:21:54 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I assume the cork seals you refer to are the jet seals.  Throw them away and
find a rebuild set that uses o-rings to seal the jet.  The cork seals can be
damaged when the jet is installed into the jet housing, and will never seal
after that.  The jet I am referring to is the movable jet at the bottom of
the carburettor, noit the Grose Jet.  I think that this might be the plunger
you refer to.  I wonder if you also made sure that the needle was centered
in the jet when you tightened the large nut?  You do this by removeing the
damper cover, removing the spring from within the damper piston, and
reassembling the damper without the spring installed.  Then, you hold the
carb so that the damper assembly is vertical.  Lift the damper and let it
drop under its own weight.  It should drop with a dull thunk.  If it
doesn't, you must center the jet.  You do this by loosening the large nut at
the bottom, lifting the damper, letting it drop to center the jet, then
tightening it again.  You may have to do this several times before the jet
is correctly centered.  Good luck!