Re: u-joints

To: ktnkt@cape.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: u-joints
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:10:43 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-11 22:46:26 EDT, ktnkt@cape.com writes:

<< . After
 putting the bearing cups in the freezer and heating the flange, >>

List,

That reminded me of doing a similar thing for the nylon bushings/inserts used
on the trunnion for my TR6 rebuild.....I found that the thin metal
washer/sleeves that slide onto the bushings and go between the thick metal
washer and the bushings wouldn't slide on easily if all pieces were at room
temp.  These thin metal sleeves are easy to bend if you horse them on so I
froze the bushings and ***presto*** no problem.....ain't the laws of physics
grand!!??

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway & looking quite spiffy)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the fall weather!)