RE: Vic Brit OD Transmission

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vic Brit OD Transmission
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:01:53 -0400
Listers,

I worked with ORS on my OD rebuild and they have EVERYTHING. They are great
but hard to reach except by phone. They are staffed by the families of
ex-Laycock engineers and have the original tooling for all the Laycock stuff.

However I ended up doing business with John Espesito of Quantum Mechanics in
Monroe, CT.  I bought parts to sort out my "calico cat" OD orphan unit.  John
was the only one that could diagnose that the reason my unit had stange damage
on the annulus shaft was because some of the internal parts including the
annulus was from Jaguar OD.  Jaquar A-type units spin the speedo in the
opposite direction.

He sent me all refurbushed parts in exchange for my damaged Jaquar parts and
supplied lots of free advice.  I am very pleased and will continue to work
with him.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com