Frame Off Resto

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame Off Resto
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:07:47 -0600charset="Windows-1252"
Hi Listers,

    I am planning to do a frame off, ground up ( or whatever you want to
call it--possibly crazy) restoration on my 72 TR6. I  was wondering if I
could get some input from those of you who have been there, done that, and
have the t-shirt to prove it. Since I have never done a total body off
restoration, I have lots of questions before
jumping into this project. First of all, there must be lots of equipment I
will need to be able to accomplish the task of removing the body from the
frame. If some of you could point me in the right direction on what I will
need to remove the body from the frame and place it back on when ready, this
information would be extremely helpful in saving my family from all the
cursing and mood swings caused by difficult times during ones restoration
project that we all so enjoy.  What is the best way to store the body while
working on the frame and suspension? What are some of the basic big tools
I will need before getting into this project? The actual body and paint work
I will have
done at a local body shop. Even the bead blasting and paint removal will be
farmed out. If anyone has photos of their TR6 going through this process
that they could share by email it would be very helpful. Any input is
welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Dan Eiland
1972 TR6 80976 UE