Re: Frame Off Resto

To: deiland1@elp.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame Off Resto
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:49:14 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-17 01:02:16 EDT, deiland1@elp.rr.com writes:

<< If anyone has photos of their TR6 going through this process
 that they could share by email it would be very helpful. Any input is
 welcome and appreciated. Thanks. >>

Dan (& List!),

I can't answer all of your questions but I can share my '76 TR6 restoration
progress with you via pictures.....check out my photos at:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980&a=9408894

The URL is case sensitive so type it as it appears.

The chassis is nearly finished - I haven't got the latest pics processed yet.
 So far, I only know of one very subtle item which is not period-correct
otherwise I'm 99.9% confident that what I've done so far is "correct".  I
didn't start out striving for period correctness but it's amazing how easy it
is to get there without much trouble or extra money.

It'll all be a mute point by the time I'm finished because I'm doing a few
non-standard engine mods, the interior will be Light Tan (not a choice for
'76) and the exterior will be a beautiful, rich red but not one of the "reds"
available in 1976.

Drop me a line if you have more questions - I now know the thread sizes &
torque settings for every chassis/suspension/brake bolt by memory - when I
painted the rear brake shoe hold down springs a few shades of green until I
finally matched the original, my wife began to question my sanity hee,
hee!!:)

Good luck,

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway & looking quite spiffy)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the fall weather!)