TR6 engine bay

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 engine bay
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:44:52 +0200
Listers,

My 1974 TR6 was resprayed fairly early in its life from magenta to
signal red, but the engine bay is black. On the left front wheel arch,
however, there is a British Leyland sticker saying something about
emissions, which is over the black paint. Given the less than meticulous
attention to detail exhibited elsewhere in the respray, I have trouble
believing that the resprayer carefully unpeeled the sticker, then
replaced it afterwards. Is it possible that my engine bay has always
been black, or where they all the same colour as the bodywork, as all
the pictures I've seen suggest?

TIA,

Paul
74 TR6