Re: TR6 engine bay

To: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 engine bay
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:50:45 -0700
At 11:44 AM 10/25/2000 +0200, Paul wrote:

>My 1974 TR6 was resprayed... On the left front wheel arch,
>however, there is a British Leyland sticker saying something about
>emissions, which is over the black paint.

I believe these silver-colored stickers, which give some emissions and
tuning information, are available from Moss USA.  So I think it's likely
the PO put a new one on the wheel arch after the respray.  I have not heard
of any black engine bays in original TR6's (at least USA versions).  Both
my 74.5's are body color, and have the stickers.

--Glenn
San Diego