Re: TR6 engine bay

To: paul-m@mweb.co.za, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 engine bay
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:36:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/2000 6:48:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paul-m@mweb.co.za writes:

> My 1974 TR6 was resprayed fairly early in its life from magenta to
>  signal red, but the engine bay is black. On the left front wheel arch,
>  however, there is a British Leyland sticker saying something about
>  emissions, which is over the black paint. Given the less than meticulous
>  attention to detail exhibited elsewhere in the respray, I have trouble
>  believing that the resprayer carefully unpeeled the sticker, then
>  replaced it afterwards. Is it possible that my engine bay has always
>  been black, or where they all the same colour as the bodywork, as all
>  the pictures I've seen suggest?

Paul (and others), is there the slightest possibility that your car was a CKD
car assembled in South Africa originally, in which case it likely was
finish-painted there and not at the factory in England? That might account
for a black-painted engine bay? Just a weird thought....

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register