RE: Triumph Model Question

To: <LaJoMor@aol.com>, <OHFASTONE@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumph Model Question
From: "John J. Black" <helejohn@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:03:53 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
>From my humble memory the difference between the TR6 engine and the
Bonneville motors was the fitting of twin carbs to the Bonnie, where as the
TR6 had only a single carb and was also call the T120 (I think)
BTW the modern Triumphs are made at Hinkley I believe as opposed to Meriden
nr Coventry. Meriden was the scene of the great 'work in' in the 70's where
the factory wanted to close despite a decent order book, so the workers had
a 'work in' and in the end took control and ran the factory for a number of
years by themselves. At the time of the takeover every employee from top to
bottom had the same salary of  60 Ukp per week ($88) I spent a few days at
Meriden during that time and had a great time. I ended up buying a new T140
shortly after that, It may not have been the most powerful 750 on the market
at the time but it would pull like a train in most gears and go around
corners like they did not exist. I sold that bike the day before my wedding
in 83'. I would love another.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems