RE: Rotor and Caps Question: Followup Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rotor and Caps Question: Followup Questions
From: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:00:36 -0800
Thanks everyone for your on and off list responses.

I checked the spark plug wire resistance and the first 5 were at about 5k
ohms, #6 was 9.6k ohms so I replaced it with a spare wire.

Someone mentioned that Intermotor and Lucas caps and rotors come off the
same assembly line. That may be the case but I have 2 brands of caps and
rotors. The Intermotor brand with it's plain coated contacts and Brand X
with copper coated contacts.

The cap with copper coated contacts feels beefier than the Intermotor cap
and I would like to get another. Unfortunately I don't know the brand to ask
for when I call around. If some of you could take a peek at the picture in
the link below and let me know what I should ask for I would appreciate it.

http://www.seanet.com/~d/caps.JPG

Thanks,
Don