RE: Rotor and Caps Question: Followup Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rotor and Caps Question: Followup Questions
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:08:07 -0800
Thanks everyone for your on and off list responses.

I checked the wires and the first 5 were at about 5k ohms, #6 was 9.6k ohms
so I replaced it with my spare wire.

I also rechecked the positioning of the sensor for the electronic ignition
(Crane model). What I found was that it was indeed sparking at the leading
edge of the rotor where it should be. But I also verified that the old cap
that I drilled when I installed the ignition is different from the
Intermotor brand that I have now.

The original cap has copper coated contacts and feels beefier than the
Intermotor cap. I put a picture up on the web of the two distributor caps,
you can see them here.

http://www.seanet.com/~d/caps.JPG

Is it worth my time to try to find another distributor cap with the copper
coated contacts? I'm thinking that because it weighs more it might work
longer and better than the Intermotor cap.

Thanks,
Don

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]