Re: Shoulder belts in a TR3?

To: anabil@caltel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shoulder belts in a TR3?
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 12:54:02 EST
In a message dated 2/3/2001 12:26:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
anabil@caltel.com writes:

> >Just wondering is anyone has thoughts / experience on putting 3 point seat
> >belts in a TR3.  Page 117 of Original Triumph TR2/3/3A has a picture
> >of a small mouth TR3 where it looks like the shoulder belts are
> >attached to the top of the wheel wells (presumably to a captive nut
> >and backing plate welded to the underside).  Is this the way to go
> >or does someone have a better / easier / safer idea?
>
> Aric,
>     I have the same question, I saw a TR3 at the last Palo Alto,
> CA meet with Securon three point belts, and have been trying to find
> a distributor/dealer ever since with little luck.  A list member
> replied that he could obtain them but I have not heard from him
> again, can't remember his name but I would very much like to install
> 3 points in Casper...
>
>     List...HELP!!!

Moss had these on sale recently.  They are the type that hook into an "eye"
at the lower two points and use a bolt at the shoulder point.  I got mine
thru Dick Burger, and am very pleased with them.  I believe they are the same
as the ones you can barely see on Page 117 of Original Triumph TR2/3/3A .
Bill Babbitt
TR3A in a Bag (emerging)
Gales Ferry, CT