Re: OD Install and Gearbox

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD Install and Gearbox
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:02:43 -0500
Brian Sanborn wrote:

> What I found was that the [laygear] roller bearing cage was
> protruding a little proud of the gear itself on both ends.

John Esposito (Quantum Mechanics) sells bushing sets as
replacements for those caged needles.  I went that route in my
GT6 as it's a lot easier to drop in his bushing than to tweak
those fiddly needle race insert rings until they're more-or-less
in a parallel plane.  (Also, the bushing that replaces the
needles in the input shaft's annulus needles made a much better
fit with the ouput shaft-- lots less "slop.")
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.   Mammon, n.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The god of the world's