Re: Help! TR6 value?

To: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Help! TR6 value?
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 19:04:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Don:

Most of us will take a stab at your invitation, but there's no
substitute for actually being able to looking at the car. Here's my two
cents worth based on examining about a dozen TR6's before buying mine.

If the car has been sitting outside for several years, I'm certain
there's rust in places other than the driver's side floor pan. Look at
the trailing arm attachment points and the corresponding floor pan just
behind the two seats. Under the hood, look (you have to stretch) at the
corner where the firewall and left fender meet, right behind the wiper
motor. Don't forget the usual places too, like the tail light frames and
where the rear fenders attach to the body.

On the assumption (certainty) that there's rust in all those places, it
is  a good year, the hard top has intrinsic value and at the right
price, it may all be worth it. I'd say $3500. I'm curious what everyone
else comes up with.

Bob
Fredericksburg, Va
75 TR6