Re: solid state ingnition system.

To: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Subject: Re: solid state ingnition system.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 08:23:18 -0700
Cc: "'Randall Young'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
I see no reason why the Crand x700 will not work with the MSD box.  THey cost
around 200 bucks (MSD-6AL, which includes a rev limiter
circuit)  But you have to purchase a selection of modules to set the RPM you
want the Limiter to kick in.

They are not particularly difficult to install but you have to observe a few
specific things so you won't destroy the MSD unit.  One of
the most important things is the new set of helical wound plug wires you will
need.  Other wires may put out enough RF interference to
destroy the MSD.  I wrote up an article that should be on the Spitfire TIp
Archive on the subject of installing an MSD ignition.  See:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/spitgarage.html

They are available at a number of performance parts stores.  I got mine from
Summit Racing.  They had the best price I found.

Joe