RE: tell me I'm nuts

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tell me I'm nuts
From: Brian Ruess <brian.ruess@merant.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:01:58 -0800
Take a good look at the picture of the engine compartment of the Healey with
the Jag motor on the page.  Compare it to the picture, say, of the white bug
eye (frog eye?) also on the web site.  You will see that the Jag engine
resides much farther aft than the Healey engine.  In fact, the rear of the
Jag engine appears to be notably beneath the cowl.  For more accurate
comparison, judge the middle of the Jag engine (based on carb location)
against the middle of the engine in the bug eye race car also on the pages
(similarly using carb location); it is clear the jag is farther back.  The
comments also point out that the conversion was costly.

I did not intend to discourage the conversion; I merely intended to point
out that it will almost certainly be necessary to modify the firewall and
move the engine aft (as it appears was done on the Healey) in order to make
the car handle well.

And I am voting for a TR-E.

Brian.

before you get too disheartened by the comments from the listerati take a
look at the attached link.  Use the navigation bar to cruse through a half
dozen AH Sprites with 'larger than normal' power plants.  One has a Jag
engine.