Re: TR4 rear shock links

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 rear shock links
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 07:43:52 -0500
I was on backorder for shock links for about a year and a half with TRF.
About a month ago, I had an order to place with Moss, so I asked if they had
them..."Yeah, we've got that!" I placed my order and called TRF to cancel my
backorder. Then, Moss advised they  were only kidding about the links as
they're out of stock as well! This was as of a few weeks ago, so I don't
know about current status, but needless to say, I'm less than pleased with
Moss.

Haven't tried VB or any of the smaller outfits (shows you how anxious I am
to rip the rear suspension apart again!).

The end of the link that attaches to the shock arm has a tapered pin (like a
tie rod end). Fairly good illustration on p 98 of the Moss catalog. Had
these off once before and I seem to recall separating after removing both
shock and link from the car. I think I used a small ball joint separator,
but can't recall for sure. If not, just a hammer on the threaded end (after
threading on the nut to avoid damaging threads).

BTW, I had a clunk in the rear end that turned out to be one of my shocks -
nothing to do with the link.

Good luck.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O